Polaris at Ebert is grateful for the time and talents provided by members of our parent community. Our school encourages parents and family members to play an active role in their children’s school experience by volunteering in the classroom, helping to organize school events, attending and participating in said events, and participating in groups that work for the school’s benefit (i.e. our weekly electronic newsletter staff).
There are a plethora of opportunities for parent volunteers, and they come in many different forms.
Classroom and School Day:
Teachers and school staff appreciate an extra set of hands, and your students enjoy seeing you in their classrooms.
- Volunteer in the classroom (i.e. support instruction, prepare materials, work with students one-on-one or in small groups, etc.)
- Chaperone students on a field trip
- Assist Ms. Axt in the library
- Teach or assist with the Friday Electives Program
Parent involvement in school decisions supports the school in ensuring a collaborative leadership model and in meeting the needs of the entire community.
Community and Fundraising Events:
The Polaris at Ebert PTO, in collaboration with the principal and teachers, plan community and fundraising events throughout the school year. There are many ways to be involved in and support these events.
- Chair a committee that organizes a community social event/fundraiser
- Join one of the many fundraising event committees
- Volunteer for a community event (staff, donate materials, etc.)
- Bring your children and family to a community event!
Volunteer Application and Background Check:
If you plan to:
- Volunteer in the classroom on a regular basis (more than 5X per year.)
- Chaperone a field trip
- Lead a before/after school enrichment
– then you need to fill out a DPS Volunteer Application/Background Check form, both pages, and return to the Polaris main office. Applications are available in the office or can be downloaded here: Non-fingerprint-Background-App.14-15
Background checks are good for THREE years. If you have done the application in the past, but are unsure if you are current, you may contact Kara Chitwood or the Polaris office.
For more information about how to get involved with the Polaris community, please contact our Parent Volunteer Coordinator: Kara Chitwood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not hesitate to learn more about specific volunteering opportunities by contacting any one of the parents below.
|Volunteer Coordinator||Kara Chitwood|
|Friday Electives Coordinator||Melinda Stewart|
|STEAM Integration Committee Chair||Kristen Alix|
|Before & After-School Enrichment Coordinator||Heather Ottele|
|Science Fair Teacher Liaison||Peggy Batchelor|
|School Events and Programs|
|Student Showcase & Family Dance Party||Molly Kirschling|
|For The Love of Art School-wide Event||OPEN|
|Field Day||Parent Liaison|
|Community Service Advisory Committee||Haley Figueroa|
|Green Team Chair||Carrie Lamb|
|Garden Committee||Sarah Tuneberg|
|School & Student Safety Committee||Tana Padilla|
|Staff Appreciation Coordinators||Jami Davis & Janet Shih Hajek|
|Fundraising Events Chair||OPEN|
|Jog-A-Thon Coordinator||Jami Davis|
|The Bookies Shopping Night (Library)||Jean Bitzer|
|Romancing the Vine (STEAM)||Cedra Goldman|
|Polaris Annual Spring Gala||OPEN|
|Polaris Annual Fund||Amber Fitzpatrick|
|Fundraising Programs||Jean Bitzer|
|Community Dinners||Jordan Ramsey|
|Grocery Cards||Molly Kirschling|
|Boxtops, Cell Phone/Ink Cartridge Collections||Molly Kirschling|
|Chinook Books||Gwen Kerby|
|Original Works||Jennifer Faris|
|Polaris T-shirts||Ilene Bloom|
|Communications Chair||Meg Freedman|
|Room Parent Coordinator||Carmen Mix|
|Web Master||Jay Hilty|
|Website Committee||Melanie Chenard|
|School Directory||Alex Kwan|