Click below to open the Welcome Back packet (pdf) covering everything you need to start a great year and stay informed about all the Polaris opportunities for students and families.
Archives for August 2015
Dear Polaris Community,
This letter is to inform you of some changes we are implementing for the 2015-16 school year registration process. We are sending this message through multiple electronic formats (ePost/eBlast lists, room parent email lists, Infinite Campus communications, website, etc.), so we apologize if you see this note multiple times; we are just trying to make sure we reach everyone with this important information.
Please make sure to read through all of the points below to ensure you do not miss any critical information.
1. Due to DPS moving to an all-online, electronic registration system, Polaris will NOT be distributing hard copy registration packets on Monday August 17th and Tuesday August 18th as in years past. All pertinent “Back to School” information will be emailed to you in PDF form the week prior to school starting, as well as during the first week of school. There will be limited hard copies of this information available at the Back to School Ice Cream Social.
2. If you have not already done so, you need to complete the DPS online registration for your student(s) via the DPS Parent Portal. This can easily be done from your home computer. We have heard reports of this process taking anywhere from 10 minutes to over an hour. For some it’s been smooth sailing, and for others it’s taken a phone call to DPS to get their account in order before being able to enter any information. Andrea and Pamela are also available via phone to assist with resetting account passwords. Please take this into consideration as you sit down to register.
3. Parent Portal Links and Resources –
- Parent Portal link: https://myportal.dpsk12.org/Pages/Default.aspx
- Online Student Verification Help page: http://schoolchoice.dpsk12.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Choice-Website-OLV-7-9-151.pdf
- DPS Parent Portal Help line: 720.423.3163
4. Online registration closes on August 16th at midnight. If you have not completed the online registration by this time, you will need to come to the Polaris Main Office in person to register your student(s). Andrea and Pamela will be in the office from Monday August 17th– Friday August 21st from 8:30am-3:30pm, and will be available to print off your student’s DPS registration packet for you to fill in by hand.
5. If you are NEW to DPS or a returning family that needs to UPDATE your student’s Immunization Record, please turn in a hard copy of the record to the school. This can be turned in during the Back to School Ice Cream Social, or to the main office on the first day of school.
6. Medication forms, Free and Reduced Lunch applications, and the HLQ Questionnaire (for new-to-DPS families only) will all be available in the main office starting Monday August 17th. These will also be available in hard copy at the Back to School Ice Cream Social. Here is the medication form in case you need it prior to then: https://sites.google.com/site/dpsschoolnursing/student-medication-forms, as well as the link to Free and Reduced Meal applications: http://enterprisemanagement.dpsk12.org/food-services/free-and-reduced-information/.
7. The Polaris School Directory will be collecting its information electronically this year. At this point we only need a few families to fill in the online form:
1) New families who have NOT already filled out the directory form
2) Returning families who want to UPDATE information from last year’s directory
This set of information will inform our SCHOOL database, however there is a section where you can clarify if you do not want specific contact information to be distributed. Please have this completed by Friday August 28th.
Online Directory Submission: http://goo.gl/forms/oYU0jUi8eE.
8. If you would like to order your school supplies from EduKit, you have until August 24th to do so. If you prefer to purchase supplies on your own, you can download the grades’ supply lists from the EduKit website. EduKits will be delivered to your students’ classrooms by a team of volunteers during the week before school starts.
9. The Polaris Back to School Ice Cream Social will be held on Friday August 21st, from 3pm-5pm on the Polaris Playground. Class lists will be posted, and there were be ice cream and popsicle treats for the children. There will be a few info tables set up inside to turn in hard copy DPS registration forms, immunization records, etc., as well as to gather information on PTO, fundraising and volunteer opportunities, grocery card purchasing, etc. If you would like to volunteer to help out at the Social, please check out the Sign Up Genius: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0a4daead2ea46-20144
We look forward to seeing all of you on Friday August 21st at the Back to School Ice Cream Social!
Thank you for being a part of our community,
Anne Sterrett, Polaris Principal
Andrea Bowser and Pamela Wall, Polaris Administrative Assistants