Polaris Elementary is a magnet school for highly gifted students in first through fifth grades. Differences are supported and celebrated in a rich, arts-integrated, collaborative learning environment. Engaging curricula offers rigorous challenges that nurture curiosity, skill development, knowledge and the courage needed to imagine and achieve. Personal academic excellence is our standard. Learning experientially, and enthusiastically, Polaris students become thoughtful, confident citizens in our world.
Polaris is an arts integrated magnet school that supports the unique intellectual, social, emotional, and creative needs of gifted students in an atmosphere of respect for all.
- Polaris is the Denver Public Schools district’s only freestanding magnet school solely dedicated to meeting the needs of highly gifted students
- Serves ~339 students in grades 1 through 5
- Student-teacher ratio is 1:26
- Located in the northeast corner of downtown Denver, at 410 Park Ave West
- What is Polaris Elementary?
Polaris is a magnet school in the Denver Public Schools district meeting the needs of highly gifted students. We serve students in 1st through 5th grade. We’re located at 410 Park Avenue West, Denver, CO 80205. Our phone is 720-424-7860.
- What does it mean that Polaris is a magnet school?
Magnet schools are free, public schools that emphasize a particular style of learning, or serve students with a common area of interest. Some magnets are located within a school. Other magnets—like Polaris—encompass the entire school. Polaris serves grades 1-5 and serves highly gifted students with programming specifically tailored to this group. This means that students must first qualify as highly gifted prior to admission. For information on how to qualify, please contact the DPS Gifted and Talented Department at 720-423-2056.
- What is the current enrollment?
The current enrollment is 339 students.
- What are your school hours?
School begins at 8:40 a.m. and ends at 3:30 p.m. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Does Polaris participate in standardized tests?
We participate in all standardized testing required by Denver Public Schools and the State of Colorado.
- Where do Polaris students attend middle school?
Morey Middle School is Denver Public School’s magnet for highly gifted students. Denver Public Schools Choice and Enrollment Services has details on Morey and the many middle school options.
Learn More [links to deeper pages in this content section:]
- Principal’s Message
- How to Enroll
- Community Service
- Contact Us